Coronado Shores Condominium Association #9
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
October 16, 2020
A meeting of the Board of Directors of Coronado Shores Condominium Association #9 was called to order by Board President Ken Sigelman at 9:04 AM on Friday, October 16, 2020 in the conference room located at 1820 Avenida del Mundo, Coronado California.
Ken Sigelman President (by Zoom)
Glenn Welch Vice President and Treasurer (by Zoom)
Cheryl Mahoney Secretary (by Zoom)
David McNelis Member at Large (by Zoom)
Robert Bishop Member at Large (by Zoom)
Rafael Estrada, Association General Manager (by Zoom)
14 Homeowners (by Zoom and Telephone)
Upon motion duly made, seconded and carried, the following Consent Agenda was approved:
General Board Meeting Minutes, September 18, 2020
Executive Board Meeting Minutes, September 18, 2020
Financial Report. September 30. 2020
September 2020 Budget Comparison Glenn Welch, Treasurer
Glenn Welch reported on the status of the September 2020 budget
Nothing to report.
El Mirador Building Committee Reports:
Architectural Update Hal Aronson:
- Units 1609, 702, 409, are waiting for permits
- Unit 701 remodeling project started
- 4 Unit owners have requested approval to build storage units in the garage
Landscape Committee Patricia Boer:
Renovation Group Therese Abboud:
Audit Committee Cheryl Mahoney:
BOD’s have received the independent financial audit conducted by Gregory Villard, CPA for Coronado Shores Condominium Association #9 for the year ending in December 2019.
L&R Committee Reports:
L&R Committee Ken Sigelman:
- Cabrillo pool renovation project is ahead of schedule
- There may be a surplus from a PPE loan – Loan was $170k
- Amendments –were passed along
- Term Limits – Proposed that the limit be the same for the Treasurer as for the Chairman – most committee members seemed opposed to this
- Employee Health Insurance is now the responsibility of each individual Coronado Shore condominium HOA. Currently, the IRS does not consider us an amalgamated group therefore we do not qualify for the large group health insurance plan.
Beach Club Advisory Group Therese Abboud:
Community Alliance Group Ann Kennedy:
Insurance Committee Glenn Welch:
The insurance committee of L&R met with 1 representative from each building to discuss health benefits, hazard insurance and health insurance.
- Health insurance – open enrollment in December – effective January 1, 2021
- Rafael noted that the requirements for eligibility has changed for employees to qualify for benefits which have been reduced from a 40-hour work week to a 30-hour work week. Therefore, we need to add one employee who is working a 30-hour week shift to our health benefits.
Motion was made by Glenn Welch, 2nd by Robert Bishop to research and review bids for employee Health Insurance for 2021 and present to the BOD’s at November’s Board meeting. Motion passed 5-0
Enforcement Committee Claire Conley:
- The asphalt project will begin next Friday, October 23rd
- Red Hawk fire inspection was postponed due to COVID-19 employee case
- 9/17 there was a false fire alarm on the 8th floor-firefighters came to verify that all was ok
- 10/11 Rafael received notice that an employee of El Mirador had tested positive for COVID-19. Two employees who were consistently in close contact with this employee were immediately quarantined and all employees were required to get a COVID-19 test.
- 10/12 Pure Light Cleaning Specialists professionally disinfected the lobbies, mail room, conference room, office, restroom, employee break room, engineer shop, luggage cart storage, trash room and fire control room
- One water leak was reported and resolved
- There were two clogged sinks which have been cleared
- Mask violations: 107, 406, 101 (guest), 1107, 607, 904, 402, 410, 1508, 1503, 702, 802, 307, 309 (guest), 1607, 1605 (guest), 502
- Six individual unit complaints were received
- 10/5 Suspended Services Inc. arrived to perform their quarterly window washing
- 10/6 Coronado Lock and Key repaired restroom door lock and employee break room door lock
- 10/13 Red Hawk performed an inspection of the water tank located outside the building
- Trash chute rooms are being painted and cleaned. Malfunctioning hydraulic shocks are being replaced with new ones.
El Mirador 2021 Annual Budget
Glenn Welch presented the proposed El Mirador 2021 annual budget. The Finance Committee who worked on this budget consists of Glenn Welch, Laury Graves and Robert Bishop. During a general review of the budget, Glenn noted the following.
- Revenues – no changes
- Administrative – projected lower than 2020
- Payroll – increase in number of staff; door persons and janitorial due to COVID-19
- Landscaping – lower in maintenance and grounds
- Taxes, Insurance, Licenses – Health Insurance increase projected due to one additional employee added to health insurance benefits
- Net Operating Income (-51,183)
- Proposed increase in Monthly HOA Assessment 3.00%
The committee will have the 2021 budget completed the week of 10/19/2021 and at that time they will call for a Special Board Meeting to approve the final budget.
A motion was made by Glenn Welch, 2nd by David McNelis to accept the Reserve Budget 2021. Motion passed 5-0
Bike Room Storage – the bike storage rooms are being organized and cleaned
Audit – going forward the audit needs to be completed in a timely manner
Flood Insurance – will be revisited at the next Board meeting
Monthly sanitizing proposals from: Pure Light, Vital Clean and Pro-Tech Carpet Services
- Fire Sprinkler Inspection – noted that people who do not have an email should be given special consideration of advance notice
- New garage storage units – ensure that prior to construction, the vehicle that will be parked there will not extend into the driveway – Further discussion at the next Board meeting
Next Meeting: November 20, 2020
There being no further business to come before the Board; the meeting was adjourned pursuant to a motion passed unanimously at approximately 10:36 a.m.
Cheryl Mahoney, Secretary Date