Coronado Shores Condominium Association #9
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
February 19, 2021
A meeting of the Board of Directors of Coronado Shores Condominium Association #9 was called to order by Board President Ken Sigelman at 9:00 AM on Friday, February 19, 2021 in the conference room located at 1820 Avenida del Mundo, Coronado California.
Ken Sigelman President (by Zoom)
Glenn Welch Vice President and Treasurer (by Zoom)
Cheryl Mahoney Secretary (by Zoom)
David McNelis Member at Large (by Zoom)
Robert Bishop Member at Large (by Zoom)
Rafael Estrada, Association General Manager (by Zoom)
15 Homeowners (by Zoom and Telephone)
Upon motion duly made, seconded, and carried, the following Consent Agenda was approved:
General Board Meeting Minutes -January 22, 2021
Executive Meeting Minutes -January 22, 2021
El Mirador Building Committee Reports:
Architectural Update – Hal Aronson
- 104- Submitted revised (approved) plans.
- 405- Flooring work
- 701- Remodel will be completed in March.
- 1407- Painting work
- 1609- An engineer is involved regarding structural changes.
Landscape Committee – Patricia Boer:
- Item for discussion with L&R Advisory Committee– finalize plans for Shack Island. Rendering of Shack Island remodel is too expensive.
- Crew 3 worked on the terrace, roses & lobby area; roses have been pruned, new plants in blue pots at entrance.
- Tree trimming has been requested along the Strand.
Finance Committee – Glenn Welch:
- It was noted that the Finance Committee (Glenn Welch, Robert Bishop, Laury Graves), review the financial reports independently and then meets the day before the Board meeting to discuss.
- Disappointed that December Financials were not received until the week of February 15th, 2021, from EBMC. However, the December Financials are still not complete. The Financials indicate a loss of $15,562, but the Finance Committee is still not committed to this number.
- The Finance Committee is working on straightening out reporting problems with payroll and payroll taxes.
- December Financials were not approved. (Refer to motion made in Homeowner’s Communication section.)
L&R Committee Reports:
L&R Committee – Ken Sigelman:
- Approved the additional fencing that will be installed from the tennis court that abuts the entrance gate.
- Approval to resurface tennis courts 1-6
- Conversion of one (1) tennis court to a pickle ball court. Chairman approved a sub-committee to decide which tennis court will be converted to a pickle ball court. It was noted that the pickle ball court could still be used as a tennis court.
- Discussion as to whether a food truck should be allowed on the premises.
- Beach Club renovation is coming along.
- Continuance of updating governing documents.
- Discussion regarding hiring a new auditor.
Insurance Committee – Robert Bishop:
- The insurance committee received a quote from Kirk Miller Insurance Agency of $685k up from last year’s $648k. This will be an increase to our budget of $3700.00 @ month.
- Workers Compensation Insurance scheduled for review in March 2021.
USPS United State Postal Service (Request for mailed to be pulled) – 7 out of 10 Coronado Shore building staff (Northside Campus), still pulls mail for their residents. Pulling mail by our USPS worker has been discontinued. Rafael Estrada informed our staff that they cannot pull or hold homeowner’s mail.
Hallway Carpet Update:
Rafael Estrada has received three (3) bids for cleaning all the building’s carpet which includes, lower and upper lobby, open areas, all common area floors and the Terrace level through 16.
Pure Light $1,971.30
Stanley Steemer $2,521.60 (Revised from bid of $3,478.66)
Cintas – wanted a 3–6-month contractual agreement to supply our building with sanitizer refills, auto dispensers and stands. A decision was made to pass on this proposal due to the length of the contractual agreement.
- 2/15/2021, staff member, Angelica Villarreal suffered an injury. She missed a step and fell going down the lobby stairs. She broke her tibia and fibula. Emergency responders came immediately and took her to the hospital.
- 2/16/2021 Elevator #2 was out of service. The elevator was reset the next morning.
- Water leak in unit 101 – 2/6/2021
- Water leak in unit 403 – 2/5/2021
- Clogged kitchen sink in unit 1403 – 1/25/2021
- 1/17/2021 – Lower lobby storage #506 is accumulating items in the hallway and it’s becoming difficult for the neighbors to access their storage units.
- 1/18/2021 – Grandson of unit #303 passed by the lobby without a mask.
- 1/23/2021 – Unit #701 – Contractors did not pick up floor covers from the hallway.
- 1/28/2021 – Baby stroller and child’s motorized toy car left in front of #1002.
- 1/28/2021 – Boogie boards and beach gear left in front of #1009.
- 1/31/2021 – Owner walked by the lobby without a mask.
- 2/01/2021 – Grocery cart left in hallway of 11th floor.
- 2/02/2021 – Tenant in unit #1202 was walking in hallway without a mask.
- 2/06/2021 – Two kids from unit #804 came out of elevator without masks.
- 2/10/2021 – Dog walker for unit #908 had her mask pulled down when coming out of the elevator.
- 2/12/2021 – Owner’s daughter of unit #304 was not wearing a mask when passing through the lobby.
- 1/27/2021 – Unit #703 complained about cigarette smell on the 7th floor.
- 1/29/2021 – Noise complaint at 10:25pm.
- 2/01/2021 – Complaint about a barking dog.
- 2/08/2021 – Complaint about elevator cart 2 door taking longer than normal to close.
- 2/09/2021 – Noise complaint from furniture being dragged across the floor.
- 2/10/2021 – Tenant in #1510 complained from construction noise.
- 1/19/2021 – Lower garage entrance gate broke down. Empire Garage Door was called to come repair it.
- 1/29/2021 – Olympique came to inspect and perform a load test o the roof anchors. 37 of 38 tie-back anchors passed. 51 of 52 cast-in eyebolts passed. They will get back to Rafael Estrada on how to proceed with the repairs for the two anchors that failed.
- Waiting for bids from three (3) different companies to perform repairs on fire pump #1.
- Easy Flow is currently working in 06 stack lavatory sink. There is one unit that has blocked them from completing their work until the homeowners are vaccinated for COVID.
Parking Slot Lottery – The Notice of Lottery Drawing For Use of Association Parking Spaces was sent out to all homeowners. The drawing will take place at the Annual Meeting of Members to be held on Saturday, March 20, 2021. It was noted that two (2) parking spaces need to be reserved for the Elevator Modernization workers.
Garage Storage Units – All new garage storage units to be installed must go through the proper approval process. There is a formalized process, however, it has been noticed that some garage storage units exceed the maximum depth. These will be grandfathered in for future transactions of ownership of the unit. A motion was made by David McNelis, 2nd by Glenn Welch that we appoint a Board member to look into the formal process and report back to the BOD’s. Motion passed. 5-0
Laury Graves pointed out that during the consent agenda the Board approved the December Financials and that they are not complete. A motion was made by Glenn Welch, 2nd by Robert Bishop that the BOD’s do not approve the December Financials. Motion passed 5-0.
ADT – 5-year sprinkle inspection will be completed Tuesday, 2/23/2021.
EZ Flow will be videotaping all the building’s lateral pipes. If a homeowner wants their lateral pipes completed by EZ Flow, it will be at a cost to the homeowner.
The BOD’s has selected Thyssen to conduct the Elevator Modernization project. The contract has been forwarded to our attorney for review.
Ken Sigelman and Rafael Estrada have met to discuss the skateboard and scooter policy for Coronado Shores. Ken reminded the homeowners that it is a violation of the policy to ride skateboards and scooters in the entrance to the buildings as well as all sidewalks. Violators may be subject to a fine.
Next Meeting: March 20th, 2021 – 45th Annual Board Meeting of Members
April 16th, 2021 – Board Meeting
There being no further business to come before the Board; the meeting was adjourned pursuant to a motion passed unanimously at approximately 10:22 a.m.
Cheryl Mahoney, Secretary Date