Coronado Shores Condominium Association #9
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
January 22, 2021
A meeting of the Board of Directors of Coronado Shores Condominium Association #9 was called to order by Board President Ken Sigelman at 9:00 AM on Friday, January 22, 2021 in the conference room located at 1820 Avenida del Mundo, Coronado California.
Ken Sigelman President (by Zoom)
Glenn Welch Vice President and Treasurer (by Zoom)
Cheryl Mahoney Secretary (by Zoom)
David McNelis Member at Large (by Zoom)
Robert Bishop Member at Large (by Zoom)
Rafael Estrada, Association General Manager (by Zoom)
10 Homeowners (by Zoom and Telephone)
Upon motion duly made, seconded and carried, the following Consent Agenda was approved:
General Board Meeting Minutes and Executive Minutes December 18, 2020
Executive Meeting Minutes December 30, 2020
Financial Report, Glenn Welch, Treasurer
December 31, 2020 Financials not received by EBMC
Nothing to report.
COVID Task Force Update
The task force met on 1/8/2021 to discuss current COVID San Diego County data. It was determined by the committee that a letter would be drafted and reviewed by Ken Sigelman noting further strategies for mitigating the virus as well as an increase in compliance with public health guidelines. Once reviewed, Ken Sigelman will send to the BOD’s for review.
El Mirador Building Committee Reports:
Architectural Update Hall Aronson (presented by Rafael Estrada):
- Units 701 & 1609 in full remodel phase
- Unit 104 – Need to resubmit revised plans.
- Unit 405 – Submitted plans for minimal work – nothing pending.
- Unit 1109 – Partial Remodel – all documentation has been submitted and approved by the Architectural Committee.
Landscape Committee Patricia Boer (presented by Ken Sigelman):
- Meetings are ongoing. Nothing concrete to report.
Renovation Group Therese Abboud:
Audit Committee Cheryl Mahoney:
L&R Committee Reports:
L&R Committee Ken Sigelman:
- Officers were elected.
- Beach Club renovation ongoing, with a change order regarding the outside perimeter glass
- Beach Club tentatively to open in the spring
- Ongoing discussions regarding artwork between The Del Hotel and Coronado Shores. The plan is to have more permanent signage to divert bicycle riders from riding on the boardwalk.
Beach Club Advisory Group Therese Abboud:
Insurance Committee Robert Bishop:
The insurance committee met with Robert Clinton, head of the Insurance Committee, on 1/19/2021 to discuss GL & property insurance. The decision was made to stay with the current insurance provider. However, the 10k deductible will now be 25k. The Umbrella insurance policy was changed from $200 million to $175 million. It was noted that every contract that El Mirador is going to enter into needs to be reviewed first by the Umbrella policy insurer. It was also noted that anytime we have a claim or think that we have a claim, the claim needs to be reported within 3-10 days.
Robert Bishop recommended that the Kirk Miller Agency comes in to conduct a loss/control survey.
Enforcement Committee Claire Conley:
The Enforcement Committee is meeting this afternoon of 1/22/2021. Ken Sigelman mentioned that the Board needs to look into a disciplinary action for parents whose kids continue to abuse the skateboard and scooter riding policy.
5 Year Sprinkler Inspection Update (Miguel Rivera)
The inspection was completed for our building. Mr. Rivera stated that the inspectors inspection notes for the 7th floor to the 12th floor were lost by his staff and due to this error, those floors will have to be reinspected.
A motion was made by Glen Welch, 2nd by David McNelis that ADT (formerly Red Hawk) reinspect floors 7-12 and get this inspection completed immediately. Motion passed 5-0
- One El Mirador resident tested positive for COVID-19.
- 12/20/2020 There was a city-wide power outage that lasted 7 hours, from 2am to 9am.
- 12/30/2020 Maria Celis got stuck in the elevator for 3 minutes.
- 12/31/2020 elevator doors of cart 1 got stuck closing. Topo helped pushed the doors together and fixed the problem.
- Water leak in unit 1208 which caused minor damage on two (2) floors below.
- Water leak in unit 1407
- There were two shower drain clogs and one clogged kitchen sink. These issues were resolved.
- 12/22/2020 #607 Owner sitting in the lobby with mask not covering his nose.
- 12/22/2020 #1408 Owner did not have her mask applied properly. It was not covering her nose.
- 12/23/2020 #704 Owner’s daughter entered main lobby from outside and put her mask on after she entered the building.
- 12/23/2020 #607 Guest of owner got off the elevator without a mask. She did not apply it until entering the main lobby.
- 12/24/2020 #309 Son of tenant entered lower lobby without a mask.
- 12/31/2020 #704 Grandkids of owner not wearing masks when passing by the lobby.
- 01/04/2021 #607 Three children of owner’s guests passed by the lobby with no masks.
- 01/05/2021 #410 Tenant got off the upper elevator without a mask.
- 01/05/2021 #705 Tenant got off the elevator without a mask.
- 01/05/2021 #607 Two tenants came in through the lower lobby without masks.
- 01/06/2021 #106 Tenant entered the main lobby not wearing a proper mask.
- 01/11/2021 #1104 Son of owner got off the upper lobby elevator and exited the lobby without a mask.
Violation: 12/21/2020 Several bicycles improperly stored in a parking space.
- 12/18/2020 Smoke smell on the 7th floor
- Complaints from homeowners that hallway carpets need to be professionally cleaned.
- Luggage cart left on the 14th floor.
- Fob/ID reader on lower garage rear stairwell entrance not working.
- Vehicle parked in other homeowner’s spot.
- 12/26/2020 Complaint about barking dogs left in unattended car with the windows all the way up in upper garage parking space 115.
- 12/29/2020 10:35pm A resident reported that someone on the street side of the wall behind our building was calling her and whistling at her while she was walking her dog. Door person went to check with his flashlight and managed to see a man sitting by a bush. Security was called and together with the doorperson went to look for the individual to ask him to remove himself from the vicinity. The person was no longer present. Security assured the door person that they would drive by and walk around the area throughout the night.
- 12/22/2020 Trash chute door on the 10th floor not closing properly.
- 12/25/2020 Noise complaint of furniture being dragged across a floor.
- 12/30/2020 Complaint about cigarettes and cigarette ashes being left on the third level northeast stair-well.
- 01/07/2021 Complaint about some bikes being left in lower garage parking space 56.
- 01/05/2021 Complaint regarding items being left by the front of unit entrances outside in the hallway.
- One light in the lower lobby and mail room were replaced.
- Fixed door knob of upper northeast storage.
- 01/11/2021 Global Power came to service our fire pumps and generator.
- 01/18/2021 Suspended Services, Inc. started their quarterly window washing.
- 01/20/2021 Chemsearch came to service our cooling tower.
- Easy Flow is currently working in 05 stack lavatory sinks.
- COVID-19 Projects; Crowd barriers were placed around the front desk to prevent people from getting too close to the door person. There is new signage by the elevators in the lower and upper lobbies. The main lobby also has new signage. A non-contact infrared forehead thermometer was placed on a tripod outside the main lobby entrance. Simplified sign in log sheets are being used.
USPS (United State Postal Service)
The USPS worker will no longer be pulling mail for homeowners and holding it indefinitely. Homeowners will either need to complete a USPS form requesting that the Coronado Post Office holds their mail for a pre-determined time or make arrangements to have someone else pick up their mail. A suggestion was made by a homeowner that Rafael Estrada discuss this with the 9 other General Managers of the Coronado Shores buildings to find out how they are addressing this issue.
Global Power (Fire Pump)
Our building’s fuel injection pump needs to be repaired. Global Power has not responded to our calls so Rafael Estrada will get bids from two (2) additional companies.
Rafael Estrada is securing three (3) bids for the cleaning of the hallway carpets.
We received a bid from Cintas to supply our building with sanitizer refills, auto dispensers and stands. A motion was made by Ken Sigelman, 2nd by Cheryl Mahoney to accept their proposal as well as increasing the number of stands from 3 to 6. Motion passed 4-1
A homeowner from #1609 brought up an issue relative to his unit remodel. He was instructed to write his comments and thoughts to the General Manager who would then share it with the BOD’s. The response will then come from the Architectural Committee.
A few homeowners proposed questions regarding the roles and responsibilities of the building’s Engineer staff as well as Dish Network’s station coverage and a maintenance issue. It was noted by the President that these questions should be sent to and addressed by the General Manager.
Next Meeting: February 19, 2021
There being no further business to come before the Board; the meeting was adjourned pursuant to a motion passed unanimously at approximately 10:44 a.m.
Cheryl Mahoney, Secretary Date