Coronado Shores Condominium Association #9
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
June 19, 2021
A meeting of the Board of Directors of Coronado Shores Condominium Association #9 was called to order by Board President Ken Sigelman at 9:00 AM on Friday, June 19, 2021, in the conference room located at 1820 Avenida del Mundo, Coronado California.
Ken Sigelman President (by Zoom)
Glenn Welch Vice President and Treasurer (by Zoom)
Cheryl Mahoney Secretary (by Zoom)
David McNelis Member at Large (by Zoom)
Robert Bishop Member at Large (by Zoom)
Rafael Estrada, Association General Manager (by Zoom)
10 Homeowners (by Zoom and Telephone)
Upon motion duly made, seconded, and carried, the following Consent Agenda was approved:
General Board Meeting Minutes, May 21, 2021
Financial Report, April 30. 2021
Finance Committee – Glenn Welch, Treasurer:
When the Finance Committee was reviewing the April financials, they realized that it looked the same as January, February, and March. It was noted that EBMC double expensed us for the State Income Tax. The May 31, 2021, financials are still pending due to the transition May 1st, 2021 from EBMC to Consortium.
Delinquencies – Rafael Estrada, General Manager
The delinquencies are being addressed. A current report isn’t available at this time, due to the timing of the transference of records from EBMC to Consortium.
El Mirador Building Committee Reports:
Architectural Update – Hal Aronson
- Work will be discontinued in the two units that are currently being remodeled, effective June 30, 2021.
Landscape Committee – Patricia Boer
- The committee conducted a campus walk around starting at El Mirador and ending at the entrance of the Del Hotel.
- Jerry McDonald noted that the 4 Melaleucas tress near the El Mirador driveway are dying and they should be removed. The committee voted in favor of their removal at a cost of $5400, which was already budgeted.
- Greenbrier tree trimming company will complete the trimming of the south campus Thursday, July 17th and in the coming weeks complete all trimming throughout the north campus.
- The Del Hotel has replaced our fence on Avenida Del Sol and also plans to assume the replacement costs of our wooden fencing with metal inserts from Del Sol to the tennis courts on the Strand. This is a replacement gift of $17,000 to the Shores.
Audit Committee Report – Cheryl Mahoney
The Audit Committee has reviewed and approved the El Mirador 2020 Financial Audit.
L & R Committee Reports:
L & R Committee Report – Ken Sigelman
- Next meeting will be Thursday, June 24th
- It was determined that there is non-conformation of the accounting records.
- Beach Club has been reopened. Renovation looks great.
- Saturday, July 17th, is an evening of entertainment. $100.00 per ticket/reservation.
- June 30th, 2021, (4-6pm), is a Townhall Meeting with Major Richard Bailey. He will be presenting an update on the low income housing units that are to be built on Coronado. He will also be providing an update on The Del Hotel renovation.
Beach Club Advisory Report – Therese Abboud, Presented by Rafael Estrada
- Food is being served at the club; hot dogs, packaged snacks and ice cream.
- New events are being discussed ie; crafts and art shows, book clubs and special events.
- Coronado Shores Rental Company will sponsor some events which will include musicians and food vendors.
- Coming soon will be an addition of four (4) framed pieces of artwork and palm trees as well as extra chairs.
- Insurance issues regarding musical bands is being discussed.
- Jim Worley, a resident of Las Palmas will be arranging speakers regarding investment topics. These will be conducted Thursdays at 5pm starting July 15th, 2021.
- Next meeting will be July 13th, 2021 at noon.
Other Business: – Rafael Estrada
- 5-25 False fire alarm due to a lot of dust accumulation being emitted from a vacuum cleaner.
- 5-29, 6-11, 6-17, elevator stoppages.
- 5-21 Small water leak in parking space 56 coming from a water supply line. Francisco Donate repaired and stopped leak.
- 5-24 Small water leak in parking space 1-46. The leak was tracked down to unit 207. The leak was coming from a sprinkler head.
Clogged Sinks: None this period.
- There were 14 mask violations. 1502, 406, 404, 1408, 504, 703, 204, 1506, 1002, 307, 1607, 607, 1505, 102.
- Complaints that have been registered and addressed include grocery carts and luggage carts being left in hallways. Furniture scraping noises coming from units 604, 703, 201. Towels being hung from balconies, beach chairs and baby strollers being left in hallways.
- Several recurring projects and regular maintenance is ongoing every month. For a complete list of recurring projects and maintenance, homeowners may request a copy of the report that is submitted by the General Manager on a monthly basis. New projects and project proposals will be included in detail in the monthly minutes.
Board Treasurer Appointment:
Glenn Welch will remain on the Board of Director’s as Vice President, however, he has resigned as the Board Treasurer due to personal reasons.
A motion was made by Cheryl Mahoney, second by Glenn Welch that Robert Bishop, effective immediately, become the El Mirador Board Treasurer. Motion passed 5-0
COVID19 – Task Plan
The COVID Task Force met by telephone, June 14th, 2021. In attendance, Rafael Estrada, Cheryl Mahoney, Ken Sigelman, Liz Hammond, with Susan Handel’s suggestions and thoughts included in the discussion. It was agreed that the following changes to the plan would go into effect immediately.
- All staff, owners, guests and vendors are no longer required to wear masks.
- All current signage will be removed.
- New signage will indicate that masks are not required for anyone who is vaccinated, but are recommended for those who are unvaccinated for their own safety and the safety of those around them.
- All barriers will be removed.
- All packages will be delivered to the desk.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be retained.
Barrera & Co., McCaffery Reserve Consulting and Association Reserves all presented a written proposal package to conduct our Reserve Study.
After a discussion was held, a motion was made by Glenn Welch, second by David McNelis to hire Barrera & Co., to complete our Full Reserve Study, Level 1 Plan which includes the Three Year Warranty Savings Plan. Motion passed 5-0.
Internet and Cable
The contract with Dish Network ends November 17th, 2021. We are required per the contract to give them a 90 day notice, (August 17th, 2021) if we choose to cancel our contract going forward. The General Manager is currently soliciting homeowners for their opinions on what service(s) they would like to have. This will be discussed in detail at the July Board meeting.
Homeowner, Charlie Wilson noted that in his discussions with other homeowners, many of them mentioned that they cannot attend the Board meeting for the entire meeting and that they would like the Homeowners’ Communication portion to be held at the beginning of the meeting. President, Ken Sigelman mentioned that this has been tried before without success. The Secretary and President of the Board both encouraged attendance, however, if a homeowner cannot attend, they are encouraged to read the Board minutes as they detail the Board meeting discussions.
Next Meeting: July 16, 2021
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the Board; the meeting was adjourned pursuant to a motion passed unanimously at approximately 10:20am.
Cheryl Mahoney, Secretary Date